Majestica’s ‘A Christmas Carol’ album (power-metallized Christmas!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wampa

I have greatly enjoyed the few and far between power metal threads here on CAF. How about one last hurrah…

I just stumbled upon the new ‘A Christmas Carol’ album from Majestica (FKA ReinXeed AKA Tommy Johansson’s non-Sabaton band). Wow, this is good stuff! It’s his take on the story from A Christmas Carol with a mix of original music and reworkings of the tunes of beloved Christmas carols.

Ghost Of Christmas Past (incorporating Hark! The Herald Angels Sing) is a great starting point:

Tagging people who’ve been part of some of these conversations in the recent past: @Joe_5859, @IdiNaPut, @drac16, @bassmansteiny, @ZMystiCat, @ralfyman (I know some aren’t around anymore, but just in case they don’t realize CAF is going away and this generates a notification for them)

Good stuff. Thank you for introducing this to me. I’ll check them out some more (on Youtube). 😀

One more artist here in the final days…

I’ve just recently been getting back into new metal after not paying attention to the new stuff for a few years. Most power metal fans are probably acquainted with Yannis Papadopoulos from Beast In Black, Sacred Outcry, Wardrum and other bands, but he’s new to me. This guy’s vocals are amazing! Beast In Black in particular has at least four fantastic songs on each of their two albums. One of my favorites:

“All our lives are on the line
We need a hero, hero
Unknown avenger from afar
He’s the chosen one
The savior of the people, hero
From sorrow’s land our bleeding hearts
Cry out for a hero”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back