Associating with Non-Believing Relatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

TryToBeHoly

Hi, my daughter and her husband are traditional Catholics who go to Latin Mass. They do not want their newborn baby to meet his side of the family because they are not Catholics.

His family loves them so much and they are extremely hurt, and they’re looking to me to help them understand their view, or to “convince” my daughter and her husband to be more reasonable.

Can you please give me some suggestions on how to handle this delicate problem? Thank you so much!

I don’t know of any Traditional Latin Mass adherents who would summarily shun non-Catholic relatives. Such an approach would only serve to alienate those relatives further. The best thing is to give quiet witness to your own beliefs, and make it clear how much your faith means to you.

I fail to see how associating with non-Catholic relatives, even those who might be steadfast in their own errors, could be harmful to a newborn baby. Seems kind of churlish and uncharitable to me.

They also shun us Novus Ordo “lesser children”! I am condescended to constantly. I add it to my sufferings for the sake of Christ.

Currently, they seem rather bigoted, as they do not want to demonstrate the charity of Christ to others who may not have it. Pray that their hearts are softened. Maybe offer a few holy hours to Christ as reparation for any and all hardness of heart.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your replies to my post.

I am so relieved that things aren’t as bad as they seemed. My daughter and her husband confirmed that there was a misunderstanding – they will offer grace to his side of the family regarding their precious newborn.

So joyous that things have worked out. Thank the Lord. Thank you again for your kind responses. Love to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back