Is it sin to paint animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucaswright

Curious about the morality of artistic expression, I wonder: is it considered a sin to paint animals? As an aspiring artist, I’d love to hear your perspectives on this matter. Share your thoughts and insights. That will be a help.

Is it a sin to paint depictions of animals? No.

Is it a sin to paint 🎨 patterns on actual animals? I do not know. Does the paint hurt the animals?

I know that rhino horns are dyed pink to devalue them in order to safe rhino’s from poaching and thereby extending their life expectancy.

Curious about the morality of artistic expression, I wonder: is it considered a sin to paint animals? As an aspiring artist, I’d love to hear your perspectives on this matter. Share your thoughts and insights. That will be a help.
As Zerg said, do you mean “paint animals” as in paint portraits of them, or as in literally put paint on their bodies for artistic effect?

It is absolutely no sin to paint portraits of animals. Why in the world would it be? Think of this — if it were, then all of the artists who have painted scenes of the manger in which Jesus was born (where there were donkeys, probably sheep or goats, and so on) would have sinned. That certainly can’t be so. Ditto depictions of the Lamb of God that you see sometimes on a tabernacle or altar.

As to painting the bodies of animals, my first question is “why would anyone want to do that?”. My second question would be “does the paint easily come off, and can it hurt them in any way?”. We are given dominion over animals, but we are not to be cruel to them.

Please clarify what you mean by “painting animals”.

Examine the artwork at the Vatican. Get an examination of conscience and a compendium of the catechism. Have you been listening to evangelicals, dispensationalists or fundamentalists? If so, stop it! You need truth and not opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back