Submitting to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm… During my dark years 22-27 I hated the idea of having children and wondered why anyone would want to. Between dirty diapers, sleepless nights, worrying, and constant vigilance. I also strongly disliked the “ought built into nature” idea. I didnt like the idea of marching to nature’s drum so in order to be free of those chains it made all the more sense to refuse children. I also thought wouldn’t it be better for humanity and for the planet if mankind just 100% embraced celibacy and join God in heaven if that is where he wants us to be? Why not?

I dont really believe these things anymore and i love my wife and I know motherhood would make her really happy but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t terrified by the thought of children. My sister has two a 3 year old and a 1 year old and she would video call me telling me to hurry and join the club… All the while she is holding a cup of coffee looking absolutely exhausted or messaging me late at night (her time) saying the kids are night owls and they refuse to sleep… Yes, the club sounds wonderful…

The good news is, that the people having children are the ones most likely to be conservative, i.e. people who still have the use of their common sense. Those who renounce family and children will be gone by the next generation. Sadly, because many of them are my relatives.
I was just reading about this and it makes sense. If the liberals are having less kids the next generations will be more conservative by default. Hopefully they can see the truth and stick to their values and not let the minority influence them. I think a lot of what we are seeing today is the result of a few decades of broken homes being the norm. I had a rough time from my tweens to early thirties and now not having a stable home environment was a huge factor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back