Only 31 deaths of children under age 15 involving COVID-19. Common flu-related child deaths from 37 to 187 during regular flu season. Should Governors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, this begs the question of whether those issuing the orders truly believe that their orders ae necessary.
No, it shows that people can be hypocritical and make serious errors of judgment. Also, many GOP politicians went into crowds, didn’t mask, violated distancing yet that’s no considered wrong? I guess it’s acceptable because they don’t agree with the protocols in the first place. Pffft.
Beyond that, everyone in the school system should be accountable for their own health conditions by next fall. If not, it’s another year of Catholic schools not getting many Catholic families’ tuition.
The roll out of the vaccine is going to have some delays due to manufacturing and transport. With two now approved we can hope they are minor and short in duration. What will determine if kids can back to a normal schooling is dependent upon enough people willing to get the vaccine once it’s offered to them. So far, it’s looking favorable as ~68% are saying they plan to get vaccinated. If antivaxxers and those wanting to wait don’t increase in number between now and the end of summer, we can definitely feel encourage for a normal school start in fall.

My daughter, whose fiancé is a liver transplant and she’s the primary caregiver, was thrilled to learn she’ll be in the next round as an essential worker (grocery store) as will her fiancé due to being immunosuppressed. I believe that after essential workers, the over 65 are next in line. Putting the military in charge of distribution was an excellent choice!

Other than extremely allergic people having a reaction to one of the preservatives in the vaccine, it has shown, so far, to be very safe. I hope any taking a wait and see attitude will be assured by this. I personally can’t wait to get mine. Like everyone else on the planet, I want my life back, too!

School closures take a heavy toll on low income and homeless students
Dec. 18, 2020 - 3:19 - Following last spring’s COVID-19 closures, schools districts have reported a record number of students being chronically absent or disappearing entirely from school.

A real (not fake) solution you probably haven’t heard about:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back