Only 31 deaths of children under age 15 involving COVID-19. Common flu-related child deaths from 37 to 187 during regular flu season. Should Governors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because his complete failure in regard to the pandemic and his attempts to dismantle the democratic process he will forever be known as the worst president in US history.
Except, of course, that there will always be a group of people who have bought the narrative and will continually claim that he was robbed of his rightful place, no matter what facts are presented, no matter that even his own judicial appointees routinely threw out his claims for lack of evidence and poor legal reasoning, no matter that there is an apparent disconnect between a person who is supposedly so rich that he doesn’t need the salary he is entitled to under law so he donates it and someone who desperately needs donations for legal expenses to pursue his false claims (yet doesn’t actually spend most of the donations on legal expenses).

Trump Worship Syndrome I call it.

no matter that even his own judicial appointees routinely threw out his claims for lack of evidence and poor legal reasoning
Why is this a ‘thing’? I get it that Trump is all about personal loyalty to himself, but why is the rest of the nation giving this thought any play whatsoever? The judicial branch isn’t about patronage and privilege. Why are we continuing to give air to a narrative that suggests that it’s otherwise?
I cannot recall this degree of a denial of reality by so many people.
I think the odds of this happening are a quadrillion-to-one, against. Clearly, it cannot be a denial of reality.
🤣 🤣

I get it that Trump is all about personal loyalty to himself
That’s exactly why. At least for me. And I think it is a good talking point to refute claims of corruption in the courts (and I am sure you have seen them) by pointing to the fact that his own appointees don’t support his nonsense.

48.png
Gorgias:
I get it that Trump is all about personal loyalty to himself
That’s exactly why. At least for me. And I think it is a good talking point to refute claims of corruption in the courts (and I am sure you have seen them) by pointing to the fact that his own appointees don’t support his nonsense.
And it’s not just the courts. It attorneys general. It’s state Supreme Courts. It’s the Attorney General himself. It’s the FBI and CIA. It’s governors. When everyone says ‘there’s no fraud’, including those appointed by Trump himself, then the sane response is to have some second thoughts about whether you are right. But the knee jerk reaction has been to grab the pitchforks, light the torches (and surely we’re not far from seeing that actually happen) and chant ‘You’re ALL corrupt’.

I have never seen such a disconnect with reality by so many people in my entire life. And it’s frightening. I think back to what’s happened elsewhere in different times and used to wonder ‘How on earth could that happen? How could so many people be so wrong?’ Well now I know.

If you really want to depress yourself, go to Youtube and log on to the OAN network or something similar. Even Fox. And read the comments. Just insane…

I sure can if he had handled the virus differently he would still be president biggest political blunder in decades.
I have to agree with you, if he had paid better attention to the optics and had supported everyone masking up using DIY masks, it would have greatly helped him and reduced the spread (not contained it). You don’t have to support lock downs to support increased mask usage. Also, pushing non-medical masks would have reduced the demand for med masks

In other aspects, I think the fed govt did a reasonable job in restricting travel and attempting to increase PPE production.

Last edited:
Anyone else accidentally watch the ABC paranoia dissemination last evening? The most hysterical, hyperbolic, irrational regurgitation I have ever heard. The breathless reporter seemed to believe that he was on the Titanic or something. “Millions of deaths” we have heard millions of times. “Hope in an ampule” - AYKM? Like it was oxygen! Hey, since that stuff must be shipped at -90ºF, maybe it’ll fix global warming, too!

We are being frightened into a generalized pattern of submission to man rather than God.

And I think it is a good talking point to refute claims of corruption in the courts (and I am sure you have seen them) by pointing to the fact that his own appointees don’t support his nonsense.
The standard shouldn’t be “who supports him?” but instead “are his arguments valid and supportable?”, though, right? The “his own appointees disagree” argument only gives credence to his misunderstanding of governance… no?
I think back to what’s happened elsewhere in different times and used to wonder ‘How on earth could that happen? How could so many people be so wrong?’ Well now I know.
Yep. I was thinking this exact thing last night! And I hate to be the “Godwin’s Law” guy in this thread, but…
We are being frightened into a generalized pattern of submission to man rather than God.
If you think this is a dynamic brought on by the pandemic, then you’ve missed the 19th and 20th centuries… 😉

48.png
Freddy:
I think back to what’s happened elsewhere in different times and used to wonder ‘How on earth could that happen? How could so many people be so wrong?’ Well now I know.
Yep. I was thinking this exact thing last night! And I hate to be the “Godwin’s Law” guy in this thread, but…
Yeah, we’re on the same page there. I didn’t want to mention it either. But the mindset is the same.

If you think this is a dynamic brought on by the pandemic, then you’ve missed the 19th and 20th centuries… 😉
Nah - this is just a convenient gas pedal. Justin Trudeau said as much: the pandemic is a great opportunity to advance the great reset.

The standard shouldn’t be “who supports him?” but instead “are his arguments valid and supportable?”, though, right? The “his own appointees disagree” argument only gives credence to his misunderstanding of governance… no?
Yeah, that was kind of my point. The only people backing him up now are diehard minions or possibly cowed into utter submission against their better judgement.

Time to buy all the Reynolds (and other foil manufacturer) stock you can. I see demand rising dramatically.

Apologies for a non topic post, but I had to add this. It was one of the great stand-up lines from an old school British comedian - Bob Monkhouse: ‘When I was growing up I told everyone I was going to be a comedian - and they all laughed. Well, they’re not laughing now…’

You are very unlikely to be old enough to be my father, and my armory is quite well stocked thankyouverymuch. As far as advice, I look at the track record (at least that which I can see directly) of the person offering it. Sorry, no takers here.

Mary Margaret Olohan on Twitter: “Here’s a thread of hypocrites breaking their own COVID rules. Happy Monday.” / Twitter
  • DC Mayor Bowser says her trip to Delaware for Biden’s victory speech was “absolutely” essential: “I do a lot of things to advance the interests of the District of Columbia. And some of them are formal, and some of them are informal, but all of them are necessary.”
  • Mayor Lightfoot defended getting a haircut amid the coronavirus outbreak, saying she’s the face of the city and the woman who cut her hair wore a mask.
  • Chicago Mayor, Lori Lightfoot, defends celebrating with a large crowd when the media called the race for Biden despite her own rules about mass gatherings: “That crowd was gathered whether I was there or not.”
  • Here’s Nancy Pelosi’s response when asked about her visit to a San Francisco hair salon. https://abc7ne.ws/32NrAa8 “I take responsibility for falling for a set up,” Pelosi said.
  • Gov. Gavin Newsom apologizes for attending party at French Laundry: “We’re all human. We all fall short sometimes.”
Gavin Newsom the hypocrite punishes Californians with curfew - Washington Times
Show the governor in a bad light — and you will pay.

That’s the message sent Californians’ way after a photo that outed Gov. Gavin Newsom as a face mask-less, non-social distancing partying hypocrite surfaced, and shortly after, he ordered state residents to obey a curfew.

While Pritzker reportedly makes “regular public pleas for Illinoisans to be ‘All In’” during the stay-at-home order, the billionaire governor’s wife, M.K. Pritzker, “has been out of state,” according to a report from Patch reporter Mark Konkol.

Whitmer Joins Protests, Ignoring Social Distancing Guidelines, Surrounded by People Without Masks
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, who enforced some of the most strict lockdown orders in the nation, was seen protesting the death of George Floyd in police custody on Thursday, disregarding social distancing guidelines and surrounded by people who were not wearing masks.
Just last month she criticized those protesting her stay-at-home orders, saying their actions made it more likely that the lockdown would continue even longer.

Again, this begs the question of whether those issuing the orders truly believe that their orders ae necessary.

Last edited:
I would like to send my oldest and maybe even my soon to be 4 year old back to Catholic school next year. Hopefully with the vaccine available , those who fear for their health conditions can take it and we can return to normalcy. But it’s been clear as day for the longest time that children have a higher mortality rate from the flu WITH a vaccine than COVID. Enough stupid masks. We aren’t meant to mask our faces forever from fear of germs.

But it’s been clear as day for the longest time that children have a higher mortality rate from the flu WITH a vaccine than COVID.
You do understand that it isn’t all necessarily about youth mortality rate…right? They are still “spreaders”, and can give it to adults in the building or they can bring it home to their parents (grandparents, etc…).

The vaccine should be widely available to all with or without a comorbidity by next summer. Currently all those who are high risk can take the vaccine immediately. There are N95 masks available for purchase by the general public on Amazon. Beyond that, everyone in the school system should be accountable for their own health conditions by next fall. If not, it’s another year of Catholic schools not getting many Catholic families’ tuition.

If not, it’s another year of Catholic schools not getting many Catholic families’ tuition.
That’s what you’re worried about…?

Here the Catholic school never closed and the public schools start opening back up in about 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Ours closed in March as did the Public schools. So many of us ended up homeschooling our kids for the rest of the year. I homeschooled this fall because I did not like the idea of my Kindergartener being in a mask all day. Yeah I know it needed to happen at that point, but next fall I hope some protocols will change. 40 families did not enroll in our Catholic school alone this fall. That’s not a good sign for the private schools.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back