Transitional Fossils and the Theory of Evolution in relation to Genesis Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
evolution of life on Earth and conclude that it would be virtually impossible for that life to evolve the same way somewhere else.
Of course it wouldn’t evolve the same way! Go back a few million years in our evolution and change one simple parameter and ours would be different, too.

These types of articles will really be embarrassing if we discover other life out there someday. There are thousands of planets in the Goldilocks zone and plenty of them could be in various stages of life development. We just don’t know and speculation can come back and bite ya!

Analysis suggests individual steps in evolution were more likely to take longer than Earth’s existence .
If you started playing every week how long would it take you to win the lottery?

If we started counting today, how many weeks are likely to pass before someone wins the lottery?

If you started playing every week how long would it take you to win the lottery?

If we started counting today, how many weeks are likely to pass before someone wins the lottery?
For evolution to happen and persist, you would first need to have existence (which comes from God) plus you would need to win the lottery over and over again.

Why the Sciences Can’t Detect God

Many respondents to my YouTube videos argue that the sciences don’t detect God, and I respond that this shouldn’t surprise us. How could a tool useful in the investigation of finite, empirically measurable reality possibly detect the cause that underlies the whole of finitude?

I furthermore point out that all of the sciences rest upon a finally mystical perception—namely, that the material world is intelligible, a fact that is hard to explain apart from an intelligent subject who thought it into existence. From: “Against the YouTube Heresies,” Talk

Barron, Bishop Robert. Centered: The Spirituality of Word on Fire (p. 111). Word on Fire Institute. Kindle Edition.

Q1. Why are physics and nature ordered rather than disordered? Q2. Why do they exist at all? Answers = God

48.png
Dan123:

For evolution to happen and persist, you would first need to have existence (which comes from God) plus you would need to win the lottery over and over again.
This is probably the biggest misunderstanding of the process. For me to be here and for that to have been one of the aims of evolution, then yes. It’s infinitely improbable. But it wasn’t the aim.

There is a winner every time a lottery is drawn. I just happen to be one of them.

There is a winner every time a lottery is drawn. I just happen to be one of them.
Freddy, there is only one you. These forums wouldn’t have been the same without you. It was planned by the Most High. It was destiny. You did your part (and continue to do so). We needed you.

Many respondents to my YouTube videos argue that the sciences don’t detect God, and I respond that this shouldn’t surprise us.
Science cannot detect God, but it can, in principle, detect the effects of God. If God parts the sea then science can detect that the sea is parted.

This is exactly what science has done, trying to detect the material effects of gods: Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer. Spoiler alert: Prayer was ineffective.

This is exactly what science has done, trying to detect the material effects of gods: Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer . Spoiler alert: Prayer was ineffective.
You cannot manipulate Almighty God or force Him to act. God is not a slot machine to play with repeatedly until it pays off.

I had painful hip arthritis for many years. When it was at its worst, I needed help to get out of bed and walking was painful. I went to an all-day Catholic event in February 2019 and the hip was painful that morning. The day included a healing service. I sensed the healing during that service. I feel like it could come back but it’s been pleasant to be pain-free since February 2019.

You cannot manipulate Almighty God or force Him to act. God is not a slot machine to play with repeatedly until it pays off.
Those scientists had read their Bibles:
  • Matthew 18:19 “Furthermore, I tell all of you with certainty that if two of you agree on earth about anything you request, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven,”
  • John 14:13 “And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”

Freddy, there is only one you. These forums wouldn’t have been the same without you. It was planned by the Most High. It was destiny. You did your part (and continue to do so). We needed you.
It osa mistake to think that an unfolding of a Godly plan would need to be distinguishable from evolutionary processes.

48.png
stoplooklisten:
Those scientists had read their Bibles:
  • Matthew 18:19 “Furthermore, I tell all of you with certainty that if two of you agree on earth about anything you request, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven,”
  • John 14:13 “And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”
I am glad that the scientists had read their Bibles. Perhaps, they also read these parts.
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
So the Bible contradicts itself. Tell me something I didn’t already know.

You might want to check up on the logical implications of accepting a contradiction.

You cannot manipulate Almighty God or force Him to act.
I am glad that the scientists had read their Bibles. Perhaps, they also read these parts.
The people doing the study didn’t perform the prayer… They just compared the medical outcomes for those being prayed for as compared to those not being prayed for. So does God not listen to the prayers of the sick and their families if he knows someone is going to check up on them and record the results? Does he hear them but not intervene on their behalf to avoid detection (in which case scientists can manipulate God into not acting…), does he intervene but ensures he intervenes in the non-prayer group an equal amount so his actions can’t be determined?

Are the results of prayer distinguishable in any way from the results of non-prayer?

I furthermore point out that all of the sciences rest upon a finally mystical perception—namely, that the material world is intelligible, a fact that is hard to explain apart from an intelligent subject who thought it into existence.
Demonstrate that it’s possible for the world to be unintelligible. This point rests on a complete unfounded assertions, that without a God to make everything orderly there would be chaos. This makes no sense, without something to intervene it’s entirely rational that the contents of the universe would behave consistently, having nothing externally influencing them to not do so.

We do not pray only to “get from God”. There are also prayers of adoration, thanksgiving, confession of sin.

Demonstrate that it’s possible for the world to be unintelligible. This point rests on a complete unfounded assertions, that without a God to make everything orderly there would be chaos. This makes no sense, without something to intervene it’s entirely rational that the contents of the universe would behave consistently, having nothing externally influencing them to not do so.
Do you breath air? Is it helpful?
When you let go of something, it it helpful that it falls down rather than rises up?
God made them male and female. Vive la difference! Agree?

Which is why the tests are in regard to intercessory prayer and not all prayer.
The devil tried to tempt Jesus this way.
Then the devil took him to the holy city, and made him stand on the parapet of the temple, and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down. For it is written:
Code:
     ‘He will command his angels concerning you’ 
     and ‘with their hands they will support you, 
     lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ”
Jesus answered him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord, your God, to the test.’ (Matthew 4:5-7)
So the Bible contradicts itself. Tell me something I didn’t already know.

You might want to check up on the logical implications of accepting a contradiction.
Please check your principles of hermeneutics. We don’t “proof-text” from one Bible verse. We need to study and put together the whole message from multiple parts of the Bible.

Yes, we have general prayer promises like John 14:13 but we also have conditional guidelines like James 4:3 or Proverbs 15:29.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back